Chairman of the Office for the Protection of Competition
Mr. Petr Mlsna
* November 13, 1978
- Since 2 December 2020 Chairman of the Office for the Protection of Competition
- May 2015 – December 2020 Deputy Minister of the Interior of the Czech Republic in charge of the Section of Legislative, State and Local Government Administration
- February 2014 – May 2015 Deputy Minister of Education, Youth and Sport responsible for legislation and strategy
- July 2013 – January 2014 Deputy Minister of Justice in charge of the Section of Legislation and International Relations; Deputy Vice-chair of the Government Legislative Council in charge of the Section of the Government Legislative Council (the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic)
- December 2012 – July 2013 Minister and Chairman of the Government Legislative Council
- July 2011 – December 2012 Deputy Vice Prime Minister of the Government of the Czech Republic, Chief Director of the Section of the Government Legislative Council
- August 2010 – July 2011 Deputy Minister of Justice and Deputy Chairman of the Government Legislative Council, Director of the Section of the Chairman of the Government Legislative Council
- September 2010 – February 2014 Vice-chairman of the Government Legislative Council
- November 2007 – August 2010 Director of the Government Legislation Department, the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic
- October 2006 – November 2007 Head of the Secretariat of the Government Legislative Council, the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic
- February 2006 – September 2006 Director of the Cabinet of the Minister and the Chairman of the Government Legislative Council, the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic
- October 2003 – February 2006 The Office of the Government of the Czech Republic, the Unit of Analysis and Consultations, the Department of Compatibility with EU law
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law, PhD Programme in Theoretical Legal Sciences (Public Law I. – Constitutional, International Public and EU Law), Ph.D. received in 2006
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Territorial International Studies, German and Austrian Studies; graduate of Doctoral Programme in Modern History
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law, graduate of Doctoral Programme in Constitutional Law
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law (1998 – 2002), Master´s Degree in Law
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences (2001 – 2003), Master´s Degree in German and Austrian Studies
Appointment of Petr Mlsna as the new Chairman of the Office for the Protection of Competition by Miloš Zeman, the President of the Czech Republic, on 1 December 2020
Photo archive KPR, photo Hana Brožková
Vice-chairs of the Office
Mr. Kamil Nejezchleb
*June 13, 1983
“The protection of competition is the key agenda of the Office. Its importance is irreplaceable for a modern state with a well-functioning market economy. Effective competition enables the effective allocation of resources, production growth, innovation, development and general economic progress. Effective competition improves our welfare in the form of lower prices, higher-quality products and services and their wider variety and accessibility. Therefore, the Office shall detect and strictly punish especially hard core anticompetitive practices undoubtedly distorting competition. At the same time, it shall be an institution applying effective preventive measures and competition advocacy, engaged in general public enlightenment in order to minimize the occurrence of anticompetitive practices in markets.”
Kamil Nejezchleb graduated from the Faculty of Law of the Masaryk University in Brno and the Faculty of Business and Management of the Brno University of Technology in 2007. He completed the doctoral program at the Faculty of Law of the Masaryk University in 2019. His dissertation focused on the modernization of legal instruments for detection of cartel agreements and he also implemented several specific projects which focused on different aspects of competition law throughout his doctoral studies. In November 2008, he joined the Office and since then has served in several positions. For the last five years, he worked as the Head of the Unit of Cartels and the Deputy Director of the Department of Cartels. He also taught commercial and trade law at the Public Administration Academy in Brno. He has been engaged in long-term cooperation with the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University where he gives specialized lectures on competition law and economics. He has gained extensive experience with the application of competition law abroad. He participated in a six-month internship at the European Commission - DG COMP and is active within the European Competition Network and International Competition Network. He also collaborated in the creation of themethodology for the leniency and settlement programmes and the preparation of recent amendments of the Act on the Protection of Competition. He engaged in training of contracting authorities on the issue of bid rigging on a long-term basis. He published several expert articles on competition. He is the co-author of the publication Economic Methods in Competition Law.
Mrs. Eva Kubišová
*March 31, 1955
|“Our primary goal is the substantial, consistent, transparent and prompt review of awarding public procurement. The review shall ensure the legality of procedures of contracting authorities, and at the same time limit the smooth progress of award procedures to a bare minimum."|
Eva Kubišová graduated from the Faculty of Law of the Masaryk University. In 1995, she joined the Office and served in several positions. Firstly, she worked as the Secretary of the Remonstrance Commission for the field of Competition, later; she was involved in the establishment of the Public Procurement Supervisory Department, she also performed the duties of the Director of 2nd Instance Decision-Making Department, the Vice-chair of the Office responsible for the Public Procurement Division (2011–2015) and the Director of Charmain´s Cabinet. On 16 January 2018, she was appointed the Vice-chair of the Office responsible for the Public Procurement Division.
Mr. Petr Solský
* August 2, 1975
"The purpose of the Office´s activities is also the contribution to the development of comprehensive and transparent legislative framework that promotes fair competition especially by ensuring equal conditions for all undertakings. Sufficient impact assessment of proposed regulatory and executive measures on competition and in the context of potential state aid is in particular of a great importance for ensuring such environment."
Petr Solský graduated from the Faculty of Law of the Masaryk University in Brno in 1998. At the same Faculty he received JUDr. degree in the field of criminal law. He worked in public administration on a number of managing positions, for example at the Ministry of the Interior or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. From 2003 to 2010 he gained extensive experience at the Permanent Representation of the Czech Republic to the EU in Brussels where he was responsible for management of the division of justice and interior including the coordination of preparations of the Czech Presidency of the Council of the EU. Back in the Czech Republic he worked in private sector in a law firm. Consequently he focused in particular on the area of information and communication technology, among others as a Deputy Minister of the Interior for this area in the years 2013 and 2014. Petr Solský has been focusing on a number of issues of criminal and administrative law including the regulatory framework for public procurement and prohibited state aid. He is a long term member of the Regulatory Impact Assessment Commission of the Government Legislative Council (RIA Commission).
On 5th April 2016 Petr Solský was appointed to the position of the Vice-chairman of the Office for the Protection of Competition and entrusted with the management of the Legislative and Public Regulation Division.