Chairman of the Office for the Protection of Competition
Mr. Petr Mlsna
* November 13, 1978
- Since 2 December 2020 Chairman of the Office for the Protection of Competition
- May 2015 – December 2020 Deputy Minister of the Interior of the Czech Republic in charge of the Section of Legislative, State and Local Government Administration
- February 2014 – May 2015 Deputy Minister of Education, Youth and Sport responsible for legislation and strategy
- July 2013 – January 2014 Deputy Minister of Justice in charge of the Section of Legislation and International Relations; Deputy Vice-chair of the Government Legislative Council in charge of the Section of the Government Legislative Council (the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic)
- December 2012 – July 2013 Minister and Chairman of the Government Legislative Council
- July 2011 – December 2012 Deputy Vice Prime Minister of the Government of the Czech Republic, Chief Director of the Section of the Government Legislative Council
- August 2010 – July 2011 Deputy Minister of Justice and Deputy Chairman of the Government Legislative Council, Director of the Section of the Chairman of the Government Legislative Council
- September 2010 – February 2014 Vice-chairman of the Government Legislative Council
- November 2007 – August 2010 Director of the Government Legislation Department, the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic
- October 2006 – November 2007 Head of the Secretariat of the Government Legislative Council, the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic
- February 2006 – September 2006 Director of the Cabinet of the Minister and the Chairman of the Government Legislative Council, the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic
- October 2003 – February 2006 The Office of the Government of the Czech Republic, the Unit of Analysis and Consultations, the Department of Compatibility with EU law
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law, PhD Programme in Theoretical Legal Sciences (Public Law I. – Constitutional, International Public and EU Law), Ph.D. received in 2006
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Territorial International Studies, German and Austrian Studies; graduate of Doctoral Programme in Modern History
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law, graduate of Doctoral Programme in Constitutional Law
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law (1998 – 2002), Master´s Degree in Law
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences (2001 – 2003), Master´s Degree in German and Austrian Studies
Appointment of Petr Mlsna as the new Chairman of the Office for the Protection of Competition by Miloš Zeman, the President of the Czech Republic, on 1 December 2020
Photo archive KPR, photo Hana Brožková
Vice-chairs of the Office
Mr. Hynek Brom
*October 12, 1975
"The Office for the Protection of Competition performs not only its supervisory and repressive role, but also a role consulting and advisory. Therefore its goal is to build such a position in all areas of its competence, which is successfully accomplished both in state aid and significant market power domain. The final objective is to raise public awareness of issues concerning Office´s activities. At the same time, however, conduct contrary to applicable law must be prevented."
Hynek Brom was born on 12 October 1975 in Pilsen. He graduated from the Faculty of Law of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, where he has been also teaching at the Department of Public Administration since 2000. From 2000 till 2002 Mr. Brom acted as a head of secretariat of the Governor of Pilsen region. In the years 2000-2009 he was deputy mayor and later mayor of the city circuit Pilsen 4. Since 2006 Mr. Brom was a member of several expert bodies of the Union of Towns and Municipalities of the Czech Republic, as well as expert institutions dealing with organization and execution of public administration.
Hynek Brom joined the Office for the Protection of Competition in November 2009 as the Director of Section of State Aid and Administration and a month later he was appointed the First Vice-chairman. Since 1 March 2016 he is in charge of the Competition Division.
Mrs. Eva Kubišová
*March 31, 1955
Eva Kubišová graduated from the Faculty of Law of the Masaryk University. In 1995, she joined the Office and served in several positions. Firstly, she worked as the Secretary of the Remonstrance Commission for the field of Competition, later; she was involved in the establishment of the Public Procurement Supervisory Department, she also performed the duties of the Director of 2nd Instance Decision-Making Department, the Vice-chair of the Office responsible for the Public Procurement Division (2011–2015) and the Director of Charmain´s Cabinet. On 16 January 2018, she was appointed the Vice-chair of the Office responsible for the Public Procurement Division.
Mr. Petr Solský
* August 2, 1975
"The purpose of the Office´s activities is also the contribution to the development of comprehensive and transparent legislative framework that promotes fair competition especially by ensuring equal conditions for all undertakings. Sufficient impact assessment of proposed regulatory and executive measures on competition and in the context of potential state aid is in particular of a great importance for ensuring such environment."
Petr Solský graduated from the Faculty of Law of the Masaryk University in Brno in 1998. At the same Faculty he received JUDr. degree in the field of criminal law. He worked in public administration on a number of managing positions, for example at the Ministry of the Interior or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. From 2003 to 2010 he gained extensive experience at the Permanent Representation of the Czech Republic to the EU in Brussels where he was responsible for management of the division of justice and interior including the coordination of preparations of the Czech Presidency of the Council of the EU. Back in the Czech Republic he worked in private sector in a law firm. Consequently he focused in particular on the area of information and communication technology, among others as a Deputy Minister of the Interior for this area in the years 2013 and 2014. Petr Solský has been focusing on a number of issues of criminal and administrative law including the regulatory framework for public procurement and prohibited state aid. He is a long term member of the Regulatory Impact Assessment Commission of the Government Legislative Council (RIA Commission).
On 5th April 2016 Petr Solský was appointed to the position of the Vice-chairman of the Office for the Protection of Competition and entrusted with the management of the Legislative and Public Regulation Division.